Scotia Inspection Consultants considers the protection of human Health, Safety, and the Environmental for all its employees, suppliers, customers and the community to be of primary importance. We are committed to promote the vision of a safe, healthy culture and working environment by ensuring that all personnel are familiar with and committed to our HSE policies and procedures as well as of the clients. We will make every effort to attain the highest industry standards to present the least possible risk to our colleagues, customers, suppliers, visitors, members of the public and the environment.
Our objective is:
- to provide adequate control of the health and safety risks arising from our work activities;
- to consult with our employees on matters affecting their health and safety;
- to provide and maintain safe plant and equipment;
- to minimise our impact on the environment through careful selection and proper implementation of the materials, procedures and processes used on the site.
- to ensure safe handling and use of substances;
- to ensure that all accidents, incidents and near misses are reported so that they can be thoroughly investigated and control measures put in place to prevent recurrence;
- to provide information, instruction and supervision for employees;
- to ensure all employees are competent to do their tasks, and to give them adequate training;
- to prevent accidents and cases of work-related ill health;
- to participate with the Client and others on improving Health Safety and the Environment in which we work
- to maintain safe and healthy working conditions; and
- to review and revise this policy as necessary at regular intervals.
To ensure health, safety and environmental standards are maintained and/or improved, all employees have to:
- co-operate with supervisors and managers on health, safety and environmental matters;
- not interfere with anything provided to safeguard their health, safety and environment;
- take reasonable care of their own health, safety and environment; and
- report all health, safety and environment
Director / General Manager
February 10, 2015